Friday, August 12, 2011

Nepal



In one month i leave for Kathmandu, Nepal. A place i have been before only for a few days when the booking agent in Varnasi, India said 3 days was enough for a visit. Three days is not enough for a visit to Nepal, it's enough to walk around, rent a bike, eat, and see how different it is from India. It was a breath of fresh air in terms of attention. But that was 12 years ago when i was 20 years old and now i am embracing Nepal for a minimum of 2 month and doing a 6 week Yoga teacher training and Thai massage in the outskirts of Kathmandu with Yogi Nomad. It's like a dream come true and made possible by many wonderful people who i don't know, and some who i know well.
To be able to study in the birth place of Hatha Yoga seems only natural to me. It feels like the right spot for me in my life right now. I am now researching some treks since i will 16 days to explore Nepal on my own and take as many photographs as i can.

I read this quote the other day that is ringing true to me right now: When you truly feel equal love for all beings, when your heart has expanded so much that it embraces the whole of creation, you will certainly not feel like giving up this or that. You will simply drop off from secular life as a ripe fruit drops from the branch of a tree. You will feel that whole world is your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment